JOINED UP CONFERENCE
CaSS started running an annual conference in 2013. That morphed into the Joined Up Conference after partnering with other organisations (the Diocese of Sheffield, the Methodist Church and the United Reformed Church). Since then, CaSS has helped to organise this conference, bringing together those working with children, youth, schools, families and chaplaincy to hear keynote speakers, take part in workshops and be inspired and equipped to continue in their ministries.
Joined Up Conference 2021 - Online - Saturday 6th March
This year's Joined Up Conference was held entirely online on Saturday 6th March. It was really well attended with over 300 delegates from all over the country. There were 23 workshops for delegates to choose from, and we heard three amazing keynote speakers for the day:
Krish Kandiah from Home for Good
Mark Russell from the Children’s Society
Susie Mapledoram from Manchester Diocese
Visit the Joined Up Conference website to view and share videos of the talks and workshops, many of which were recorded live on the day. You can also download a delegate pack and find out more information about the conference.
Like and follow the Joined Up Conference on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Joined Up Conference 2020
Last year, the 2020 conference was held on Saturday 7th March so we managed to meet in person just before lockdown started. The conference was well attended. We offered keynote speakers (Huw Thomas and Sam Richards), short stories, 18 workshops and a busy marketplace. We encountered an unexpected last-minute venue change, so a huge thank you to Wesley Hall Crookes and STC Sheffield for helping us out at such short notice.
Feedback from attendees was positive:
85% of delegates gave the Joined Up Conference a score of 8/10 or more.
64% rated it 9/10 or more.
40% gave it 10/10!
Here are some of the attendees' thoughts on the day:
• “Keynotes and worship were brill.” • “Short stories inspiring and varied.” • “Worshops were really great.” •
• “Very well organised.” • “It was all excellent.” • “Thanks to all the young people helping the day run smoothly.” •
• “The short stories were so encouraging.” • “An extremely worthwhile day.” • “Really good meeting new people.” •
• “Great day!” • “A good marketplace to view resources.” • “The organisers definitely pulled the rabbit out of the bag!” •
• “Great value.” • “Interesting and relevant.” • “Absolutely loved it!” • “So nice to be part of this wider family.” •
• “Good to share with other practitioners.” • “Very high standard.” • “Enjoyed hearing stories of what God is doing.” •
•“Lots of excellent teaching.” • “Loved it. Wanted it to be longer!” • “Vibrant. Lots happening.“ •
• “Really glad I came.” • “Fantastic. Looking forward to next year!” •
Below is a video that shows the highlights from the 2020 conference and some photos of the day.