JOINED UP CONFERENCE
CaSS started running an annual conference in 2013. That morphed into the Joined Up Conference after partnering with other organisations (the Diocese of Sheffield, the Methodist Church and the United Reformed Church). Since then, CaSS has helped to organise this conference, bringing together those working with children, youth, schools, families and chaplaincy to hear keynote speakers, take part in workshops and be inspired and equipped to continue in their ministries.
Save the Date for the Joined Up Conference 2021!
Saturday 6th March
Joined Up Conference 2020
This year's conference was held on Saturday 7th March and was well attended. We offered keynote speakers (Huw Thomas and Sam Richards), short stories, 18 workshops and a busy marketplace. We encountered an unexpected last-minute venue change, so a huge thank you to Wesley Hall Crookes and STC Sheffield for helping us out at such short notice.
Feedback from attendees was positive:
85% of delegates gave the Joined Up Conference a score of 8/10 or more.
64% rated it 9/10 or more.
40% gave it 10/10!
Here are some of the attendees' thoughts on the day:
• “Keynotes and worship were brill.” • “Short stories inspiring and varied.” • “Worshops were really great.” •
• “Very well organised.” • “It was all excellent.” • “Thanks to all the young people helping the day run smoothly.” •
• “The short stories were so encouraging.” • “An extremely worthwhile day.” • “Really good meeting new people.” •
• “Great day!” • “A good marketplace to view resources.” • “The organisers definitely pulled the rabbit out of the bag!” •
• “Great value.” • “Interesting and relevant.” • “Absolutely loved it!” • “So nice to be part of this wider family.” •
• “Good to share with other practitioners.” • “Very high standard.” • “Enjoyed hearing stories of what God is doing.” •
•“Lots of excellent teaching.” • “Loved it. Wanted it to be longer!” • “Vibrant. Lots happening.“ •
• “Really glad I came.” • “Fantastic. Looking forward to next year!” •
The workshops covered the following topics:
Children, Creation and God, Schools Work and Chaplaincy
Messy Church Discipleship
Internet Addiction and Porn
Doing Theology with Children and Young People
Teenagers and the Impact of the Developing Brain on Behaviour
Playing with Stories
Intergenerational Ministry for Real
Youth Ministry – Reaching and Refreshing
Whole Life Discipleship
Bullying – Off and Online
Transition from Children’s Ministry to Youth
Identity – Sexuality and Gender
Welcoming Children with Special Needs
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the Church
Soulful Wellbeing – How to Nurture Your Soul
Social Activism: Learning from Greta… and Jesus.
For more photos and information from the day visit the Joined Up Conference website.